WARRANTY: Ceiling Fans (Australia only)
Brilliant Lighting warrants this product against faulty workmanship for a period of 2 years in home on MOTOR ONLY from the original date of purchase in residential household applications or 90 days when used in commercial applications.
We also have a 5 year parts only warranty for parts that prove defective within the warranted period (this applies to domestic household use only).
The warranty covers parts and labour costs subject to the following conditions:
- Installation must be performed by a qualified and licensed electrician. The warranty will not apply if the ceiling fan is installed by other than a licensed electrician. Problems arising from incorrect installation are not covered by warranty. The cost of repairs and / or service call arising from incorrect installation, not due to faulty material or workmanship in accordance with the Brilliant warranty, will be payable by the purchaser at the time of repair.
- Warranty applies to product purchased and installed in Australia and does not transfer from original purchaser.
- Ceiling fans replaced under warranty are warranted only for the balance of their warranty period.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, Brilliant Lighting will not be liable for damage to furniture, carpet, curtains, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the ceiling fan.
- Repair work being carried out by a Brilliant Lighting approved electrician, only after authorisation by Brilliant Lighting or their authorised agent to complete the repair, is subject to a dated proof of purchase with the installing electrician’s Electrical Safety Certificate.
- The serviceable area governing in home service is limited by the boundary of the city in which you live. Travel outside of city limits will incur commercial costs to be paid by you, calculated from the number of kilometres travelled beyond the city limits.
- The purchaser being responsible for:
(a) Travelling costs incurred where service is requested at premises outside of the serviceable area, or at such time outside of normal servicing times as defined by Brilliant Lighting or authorised agent.
(b) Transportation & transit insurance costs if the product or parts there of have to be returned for repair or replacement to Brilliant Lighting or their service agent.
(c) Repair or defects caused by accident, fire, misuse, alterations, modifications, negligence, incorrect or incomplete installation or power supply faults resulting in damage of this product are not covered under warranty.
- Excluded from warranty are any changes to climatic conditions deemed to be beyond the control of Brilliant Lighting or the authorised agents.
- Except in the case of pre-packed light complete models, light fittings and globes attached to the fan are not covered by this warranty.
All signals sent through by your electricity provider for off peak hot water and other signals, for example street lighting, may cause an intermittent humming noise in the ceiling fan. This is not covered under warranty. Light fittings will often accentuate noises and vibrations that can be traced to loose glasses or other components of the fitting. This is not covered under warranty.
- Minor variations of speed may be evident between different fans, including the same model. This is not a product fault and not covered under warranty.
- All claims for warranty must be accompanied with the purchase receipt, electrician’s installation receipt, place of purchase. Please advise model number, colour and style of fan.
- Remote Controls are covered by a 12 month warranty and are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials when used in residential household applications or 90 days when used in commercial applications.
If you have a problem or a fault with a Blink we product we recommend you do the following:
- Check the Trouble Shooting guide below and see if your problem is represented.
- If you have a fault, contact your place of purchase and advise them of the problem. They may be able to assist you in a simple action to repair.
- If fan cannot be repaired, a warranty repair form will be completed by the store and sent to our customer service department.
- Brilliant Lighting at its discretion will arrange for repair or replacement of Ceiling fan, assuming all warranty criteria above is satisfied.
- A service call will be arranged to remedy fault with fan.